omg get in me you delicious BLT you.
I wanna be your everything.
Brie and Strawberry Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 8 slices angel food cake
- 4 thick slices brie
- soft butter to spread on the cake
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Heat a saute pan or griddle over medium heat. Spread a little soft butter on one side of each piece of cake.
- Once the griddle is hot, place 4 pieces of the cake on it, butter side down. Layer strawberries and brie on top of each piece and then top each with another piece of cake, butter side up.
- Meanwhile, combine 1.5 cups sliced strawberries, water and sugar in a small saucepan over high heat. Cover and let simmer about 3-4 minutes or until strawberries are soft.
- Flip the sandwiches over when the cake is nicely browned on one side.
- Once the strawberries in the sauce are soft, pour the sauce into the blender (if you want it chunky and have a potato masher that would work too) take the center piece out of the lid to the blender and place the lid on the blender. Cover the open hole with a tea towel and blend on low for a couple seconds. Just until it’s all blended up.
- Once the sandwiches are golden on the other side, remove from the pan and serve with the sauce or powdered sugar.